Frequently Asked Questions
Can I order Noxx Caribbean Taste® products from you directly?
Yes, we offer all our products online. Just click on the shop button on the top of our website.
How can I get coupons for your products?
Thanks for your interest in our products! While we don’t mail out coupons, from time to time you will find sales on our products in your local grocery store, and we sometimes have digital coupons available online when you sign up. Offering coupons through a variety of sources allows us to reach not only loyal fans like yourself, but also new consumers with the hope that they will try our products.
How does Noxx Caribbean Taste® label for the top allergens and sensitivities?
We are aware of allergies and sensitivities and will always declare the following ingredients on our label in the ingredient statement - they will never be hidden under the notations of "spices" or "natural flavors":
• Milk & Milk Products
• Tree Nuts
• Yellow Dye #5 (Tartrazine)
• Monosodium Glutamate or MSG
• Sulfites over 10 ppm
• Gluten containing grains - including barley, rye, oats, spelt, triticale, and kamut
If no ingredient statement appears on the product label, then the products are as it appears in the product name. This labeling policy is compliant with US or Canadian food labeling laws, as appropriate.
If any product has a Gluten Free claim, the product and the manufacturing line has been validated Gluten Free.
Our facilities have allergen, sanitation, and hygiene programs in place. Our employees follow good manufacturing practices and are trained in the importance of correct labeling and the necessity of performing thorough equipment clean-up and change over procedures to minimize cross-contact of ingredients.
We encourage you to read the ingredients statement on your package at the time of purchase to ensure accurate, up to date information.
Do you have Low or No sodium products?
Because we are sensitive to consumers who must limit their intake of salt/sodium, we would like to let you know that some of our marinades and dry seasonings are salt free. If there is salt in the formula of a product, it will be listed in the ingredient statement.
How does Noxx Caribbean Taste® ensure the safety and quality of its products?
Noxx Caribbean Taste has been sourcing spices and herbs from countries around the world and has had an unmatched track record in delivering safe, high-quality products to our consumers. Quality and safety are top priorities.
To ensure the integrity of our products, we have developed and deployed a long-standing Quality Assurance Program to manage and control our global supply chain. We conduct product analyses each year by testing for contaminants, flavor characteristics and more to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
What is the shelf life of Noxx Caribbean Taste® Products?
As with any other food, sauces, marinades, spices, and herbs, will not last forever. Although older seasonings are not harmful, they will not add the flavor that you desire to your recipes. Regardless of the date on the bottle, once opened, the quality and flavor depend on how the seasoning is stored.
The shelf life listed below is approximate and only applicable if stored properly. It is best to follow the "Best By" dates on the products. If your product does not have a "Best By" date it is beyond our recommended shelf life.
General Shelf Life
• Bottled Seasoning Blends – 18 months
• Marinades and Sauces – 18 months
How do I find the Best By / Expiration date on my product?
Since January 2004, we have been putting Best By dates on all of our products. This will be in the form of a 3-letter month, 2-number day, and 2-number year. Next, there will be a single or double letter manufacturing code, followed by a 4-digit time stamp. These dates are for optimum usage for flavor or consistency, and not expiration dates. If your container or package does not have a Best By date, it is well past its recommended shelf life and should be discarded. Though our products do not spoil, their flavor and quality will diminish with time.
How should I store spices and herbs?
The following simple tips will prolong the life of your spices:
• Store herbs and spices in a tightly capped container.
• Keep spices and herbs away from heat, moisture and direct sunlight. Avoid storing over the stove, dishwasher, sink or near a window.
• To minimize moisture and caking, use a dry measuring spoon and avoid sprinkling directly into a steaming pot.
• Store members of the red pepper family, including paprika and chili powder, in the refrigerator to retain their color and freshness.
• Freezing does not extend the shelf life of dried herbs and spices. Repeatedly removing the bottles from the freezer may cause condensation to form and accelerate the loss of flavor and aroma.
Why is my bottle of spice clumpy and hard?
All spices are sensitive to heat and moisture, which can cause the caking that you have described. To lessen the chances of this happening, we suggest the following:
• Store spices in a dry, cool cupboard rather than over the sink or range, as these are areas of high moisture.
• Keep your containers tightly sealed.
• Do not sprinkle spices or herbs directly into a steaming pot of food, since this will allow excessive moisture to enter the bottle. It is normal, as spices age, for them lose their natural moisture content and harden. Often a sharp tap or loosening the contents with an object such as a chopstick, or the handle of a spoon can loosen them and make easier to use.
Do I need to refrigerate Sauces and Marinades?
The stability after opening can be affected by storage conditions. We recommend that Sauces and Marinades be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration will maintain the best product 'quality' after opening.
Do you have products suitable for diabetics?
Our Jerk Marinades and Spicy Curry are suitable for Diabetics.